Short Lectures 1) "The Common Ground on which Responsible World Citizens Stand" and 2) "Brahmavidya Ashrama"
1) "The Common Ground on which Responsible World Citizens Stand"
Mr Pradeep Gohil, President of the Indian Section of the TS
1. The world which is divided into nations for ease of management and proper administration is also the cradle of war and destruction. As responsible citizens of the world, we should not allow that to happen.
2. Mr J. Krishnamurthy had said "I am the rest of mankind and I am totally responsible.
3. All of us are personally and severally responsible for what is happening in this interconnected world.
4. Cause of destruction in the world is the fact that our beliefs have become stronger than love.
5. We are the World and the World is within us.
6. If we can transform ourselves, we can transform the world.
7. If there is to be peace in this interconnected world, it is our responsibility to be peaceful ourselves.
8. There are a number of challenges and responsibilities of Global citizens.
9. The idea of Global Citizenship has to be given a lot of importance in the interconnected world.
10.True Globalization is in every one's interest.
2) Brahmavidya Ashrama
Mrs Erica Georgiades, Director of the School of the Wisdom
This presentation will focus on the history of The Brahmavidya Ashrama, today known as The School of Wisdom, founded by Annie Besant, Krishnamurti, and others in 1922.